Monday, August 3, 2009

A Visit To Van Wert



I took these on a recent visit to Van Wert. I had found pictures of the Brumback Library while surfing the Internet and had been wanting to make a trip to take some pictures myself.



According to the Ohio Historical Marker it was the first County Library in the United States.



The arched doorway is very impressive.



Unfortunately, the library was closed so I did not get to see what it looked like on the inside.



However, I did find it to be very picturesque.



While taking pictures of the library, news happened before my very eyes. A water main broke on a side street flooding the main road and pretty much trashing the road above it.



I am always on the lookout for Great NON-Franchised places to eat. In Van Wert that would be BalyEat's Coffee Shop. They have the best rhubarb pie that I have ever eaten.



As I was leaving town, I spotted another Ohio Historical Marker in the fairgrounds. I pulled in to check it out.



This Hoghe Road Bridge had been originally built on another location to handle the heavy railroad traffic. It was moved here for preservation.





It was just a short visit, but a good one for sure.

No comments:

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.