Tuesday, August 25, 2009

US Air Force Museum (Dayton)



The United States Air Force Museum near Dayton, Ohio is the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world. The Museum uses both chronological and subjective layouts to tell the exciting story of aviation development from the days of the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk to the Space Age.



Exhibits include over 200 aircraft and missiles, plus family oriented and historically interesting aeronautical displays.



Over one and a half million visitors from around the world come to Ohio each year to tour this unique free attraction. (Information taken from brochure)



These are from a trip I took last fall. The above pictures were taken outside and features some of the many memorials you will find there.











On this last one I have no idea on how it relates to aviation, I just thought it made for a cool picture.



I could post a hundred pictures and still not cover everything you can see and experience on your visit here. If you have pictures of the Air Force Museum you would like to share send them to me and I will post them as I get them.

Related Links:
National Museum of the US Air Force
Air Force Museum Foundation

No comments:

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.