Friday, July 31, 2009

Our Ohio Landscape



No matter what size town you live in, you don't have to drive very far before you find yourself looking at fields of corn, beans or wheat.



I just love a good old fashion drive in the country. I love taking pictures of old barns and silos.



The following pictures were given to me by Lee Miller and were inspirational in my going on my own Sunday Drive in the Country.



This picture of a wheat field much like Alex's corn field picture show the simple beauty of the crops we raise to feed a nation.



Besides Silos, Water-Towers and church steeples reaching into the sky its hard not to notice these fellows as they march across the fields.



Thanks Lee for the pictures and the inspiration to go out and take a few of my own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old barns and silos will be pic from the past as farmers demolish farm homes/barns/silos and build new.
Like always, terrific pics!!

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Amy,

The first one is my favorite and I may even put in the upcoming Fall Photo Show.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful pic!

Jodie said...

love the country pictures. Makes me want to live way out in the country even more!

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Jodie,

I just love driving in the country during harvest time. Look for more country pics in the future.

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.