Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sculptures on the Square (Troy)



Towns featuring sculptures seems to be a growing trend. I recently visited Troy and found these. There are over 20 sculptures. Most of them are bronze figures but there is the occasional abstract to keep you guessing.

I really liked this one titled "High Spirits".



This one called "Watchful Doe" was a favorite with the kids.



"Water Dance" featuring an otter and turtle was in my opinion one of the better bronze sculptures.



My favorite capture for the day was this one. There are actually three figures, I just included two in my picture. The piece is titled "Confessions"



You do not have to walk far to see the sculptures and there is plenty to look at and explore in downtown Troy to make it worth a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree--absolutely beautiful! I love the "Confessions" statue.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Amy,

This one will probably end up in a show as some point.

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.