Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anna Homecoming

Like a lot of communities my hometown of Anna has an annual festival complete with parade. The homecoming queen competition is huge and is where the festival gets its name--"Anna Homecoming".



This year my wife and I made our annual pilgrimage with our grandchildren. We have seven; three girls and four boys. We missed the parade and the kids are more interested in games and rides than they are homecoming competitions so I have no pictures of those events.



This is definitely a kid friendly event, with rides for young and old.

My granddaughters tried out he face painting booth.



They rode every ride there with the Musical Swings, Tempest and the Fun Slide being their favorites.







As you can see the girls have a bit of a competitive streak in them.

They even had a small coaster. It took several times through but two of the boys finally got to ride in the first car.



One of the boys went in the Run-A-Muck fun house and never came out. We waited and waited and finally had to track him down. We found him hiding in the ball pit.



While Nanna and the kids took a break for some food and drink, I cruised over to the car show and took these.



How cool to find a Buckeye Car for the My Hometown Ohio blog.



I just loved this patriotic Dodge and who doesn't love Betty Boop.



This last one is my favorite night shot.



These community festivals are a great way to get out and have some good ole fashion family fun. We make the trip every year and every year the kids can't wait to do it again.

Left Click on any Image for are larger view.

No comments:

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.