Saturday, June 13, 2009

City Life 2009 (Dayton)

City Life 2009 is a Downtown Dayton Sculpture Walk consisting of 16 sculptures by J. Seward Johnson, Jr.



When I came upon the above sculpture titled "My Dog Has Fleas", I first thought it was a real street musician. You can imagine my surprise when I found out different.

Some of the sculptures are American culture icons such as this lovely couple titled "God Bless America".



Some of them were very life like. This woman carry groceries and the man trimming a bush brought curious looks from several people passing by.


"Holding Out"


"Gotcha"

Others were a combination of bronze and realism.


"Things To Do"

After I had stumbled upon a few on my own I found a map to all the sculptures. While I did not get a picture of all them, I still had a fun walk in the city.

No comments:

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.