Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fletcher Covered Bridge and Neighborhood Finds

Fletcher is located just east of Piqua on State Route 36. It's a small community of just over 500 people. I was invited there to give a talk on photography to the local 4H Club. I arrived early so I could look around and take some pictures. My first stop was the local landmark, Fletcher Covered Bridge.



I still had some time to kill so I took a quick stroll. I was delighted to find this historical vehicle and driver still looking for the parade.



I thought that was my find for the day until I came across this pair of Guard Dogs.



Landmarks are an important part of any community but it's the little things that help define it. I'd say that the town of Fletcher has a nice covered bridge and a great sense of humor.

No comments:

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.