Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wild Turkey Spotted

The following pictures and story were sent to me by Lee Miller.

I was driving on 703 between Celina and St.Marys in the pouring rain. The car ahead of me slowed and came to a stop. I noticed there were two birds crossing the road. I didn’t pay too much attention because there are always geese crossing the road around the lake area, and hopefully, everyone stops to let them across.



Then, I noticed the color – black! I pulled off the road to try to photograph this pair of wild turkeys. The male was courting the female with a display of tail feathers and very vocal gobbling. She would respond, and they would dance around each other.



Looks like Lee is becoming quite the wildlife photographer. Thanks for the Post Lee.

No comments:

Welcome to My Hometown Ohio

All images are copyright © 2008-2010 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.